Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today...

what the.. why is there a slice of cake on my blog dashboard? Anyone else notice that ?


Today I got owned in youth group. I dont know why but it seems that all the teachers just had a super hard time tonight at bible study. It was one of those "wow what am i doing here, someone else can do such a better job" wanting to quit kinda moments. ALMOST wanted to cry because I felt so discouraged. But thank Holy Spirit for saving me. And reminding me that God is pleased with faithfulness, not success.

Today I was humbly reminded that I am straight up worthless as a teacher. Dang. I am in such need of Holy Spirit to work in and through me. But I am really thankful. These "Wow, I suck" moments bring us to our knees in prayer.

In other news...

Tis the season to be _____.

Is it just me? Or do people get real emo during holiday season? Something about the cold? Haha you know what I think it is. Tis the season where brokenness is revealed. Loneliness, brokenness in families, feeling of being unloved. It just gets expressed in all sorts of forms. Wanting a gf/bf, hating the holidays, being bitter. Maybe if you're really expressive in one of these areas you are broken? We're all broken. The holidays just seem to bring it out more. People think more or something this season as opposed to lazy/busy summer time? I realized that alota times when people get emo they think "it's stupid, I just need to get over it." Maybe! But if it's something that comes up again and again then no dude. You dont need to JUST get over it. You need to ADDRESS it. Bring that crap into the light and be freed. From someone who has had a history of struggling with random "emo" moments, let me tell you that there is a root. And instead of shaving it off at the surface you need to laser that sucker out! Into Marvelous Light I'm running. the marvelous laser light of God. Yes, lasers burn. But God has some mighty healing powers. Mighty indeed.

Tis the season to be jolly

3 comments:

  1. haha i like this entry. very true. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel ya on the "Wow, I suck" moments. Marvelous laser light of God...haha

    ReplyDelete