Friday, October 30, 2009

Quotes

I have for a long time wanted to start a collection of quotes (inspired from 'A Walk to Remember..LOL) HAHA.. but I really have and in my mind I have been collecting.. from the bible, from peoples wall of quotes on facebook, from random things I read.

Just because they can have all sorts of effects on people. Some are just silly, others sweet, and others super profound. Maye even life-changing. So the below quotes have had one of these effects on me and who knows what kind of effect they will have on you?

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." -Hebrews 4:12

"Always be kinder than necessary, because every person you meet is struggling through some kind of battle."

"Dont let the fear of striking out prevent you from playing the game." -This and the one above first seen on Calvin Feng's fb

"A woman's heart should be so lost in God, that a man needs to seek the Lord to find her." -first seen on katie's fb i think..

"There's not much you can be sure of in this world, but one thing's for sure: Forrest Gump would have done anything for Jenny." -Yong's most recent blog post

"Sometimes people can get so "heavenly-minded" that they're no earthly good" -Pamela Jourden

"It's better to love than to be right" -Pamela Jourden


"Wanting to be understood is so overrated, what about being right?!" -p. sam (cch) HAHA

"Change is not a requirement for God's love, but a response to to it" -old school p. sam



p.s this is still a work in progress, eventually going to be written down and just maybe...passed on to my lover who will then give it to my child after I'm dead. HAHA jk. But yes these were the only ones i could think of off the top of my head, so I might have paraphrased. If you know the real wording, feel free to correct. Or if you have a bomb quote, do share and i will add it to the book =]

2 comments:

  1. you know in this week's sermon Pastor Sam says "I'm one of the most quotable pastors" HAHA :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA i know.. he always says that

    that guy...

    ReplyDelete