Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dying is hard.

It's better to love, than to be right.

Dang. Is that profound or what? Read it again.
Pamela said that to me once in passing, about what she was learning. What an amazing mentor I have. She doesnt ever try to teach me, but she just loves on me and has relationship with me. And I learn so much.

Haha. Actually she says a lot of one-liners that to me are like earth-shattering. HAHA. No joke. I'll give you a little taste.

"Sometimes, people can be so 'heavenly-minded' that they're no earthly good."

O_O

See where your mind takes you on that one. But dont get it twisted. Either of the bolds, please.

Hehe. Anyway. These days. Seriously, what is going on these days? In the hills, in my mind ._. I feel like God is really purging me. Refining me through the fires, literally and spritually. Challenging me a lot invidually and with people. That first bold, "better to love than to be right" always comes up in my mind because I am naturally like a BIG judger and with that comes the sin of being easily stumbled. And then the whole how to love in truth mystery always comes up, how do you balance it? I have learned personally that I (and many others) are really more focused on the 'truth' and not enough on LOOOOVE! We think we're loving by giving a dose of the truth, but we're not really lovin'. AND in doing so we're probably not delivering the truth very well either -_- And thats the whole point right? That's what really matters, a love that's effective. SO, I have discovered that the best way to do this "love with truth" IS..

...to just love.


AND


KNOW the truth for yourself. And AS you are loving, should God give you an opportunity to share the truth, then you can obey and be bold and deliver that truth. And God is pleased =]

Yes. So perhaps the title of this blog should really be "Loving is hard."

Nah

3 comments:

  1. I love it. You should tell Pamela to write fortune cookies. Sometimes, we just need a "who cares?" checkpoint.

    I can judge you and think "Eurri is such a little judger." But in the end, so what if you are? I'm still called to love you as if you were not a "little judger". So thus, I still love you as Jesus does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats deep stuff holmes...

    i will take that to heart :)

    ReplyDelete