Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back in the Habit

Haha. I love sister act, II more.

Wow. So it seems like an extremely long time ago that I last blogged and I feel like an extremely different person and in an odd season of my life. Haha you dont really realize that you're out of a season until you stop and think and see "oh that's not me anymore..."

so where am i? Where have i been?

Man. Ever since Sweden...it seriously jacked me up a little I think. I think that's really when my Spirit and Flesh started waging war on each other. And to be sincerely honest, I feel like I've been living in the flesh more, especially the recent past =I I had so much happen during that trip and there was so much I wanted to share, and I probably will some day with some, but I duno. I went all shy guy for a bit. I thought about this blog too while I was there. Maybe that's where I went wrong? Maybe I was a bit intimidated by collecting more readers and that added a pressure? I mean, when I started this thing it was basically a diary. And not only good/encouraging things go into diaries. Also, when I started this "diary" I had alota crap going on inside me, not that there's any less junk, just more secret junk. Stupid junk? I had a random thought. I was thinking how most people like to update their blogs only when they have like good news to share. But what if someone's blog was titled "Confessions" and they just literally confessed in full details, names/places etc. their sin? That'd be pretty crazy huh? Someone consistently and publicly blogging all their bad thoughts/deeds. It's like a potential movie. HAHA WOW I am rambling...

Anyway, it's really time to put the brakes on my mindless summer. Not just academically mindless but mindless and careless about what's essential, what's life-giving. God. Jesus. Holy Spirit. This summer so far, I've just been feeding my mind and soul junk. Entertaining ridiculous thoughts. Thoughts that I had thought I had died to. But then outa stinkin nowhere, it creeps into my life and like freaking yeast works its way all the way through. O Jesus. Romance the pants off of me. LOL that sounds so bad. But please, sweep me off my feet. A new friend of mine recently asked me what my prayer request was and I said "I just want to love God more." So true. So simple, yet so hard. Pray.

Yes...since this ISNT a private diary, I will include some high and lovely notes. Not just for the sake of it but because I want to share something that was encouraging to ME.
My sweet little brother in Christ from my India team emailed this out to us a while back.

(he did the CAPITALIZING btw)...

"And today, I read in Jeremiah God's amazing, amazing Covenant to His people:


They will be my people and I will be their God. I wil give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I WILL NEVER STOP DOING GOOD TO THEM, and I will inspire them to fear me, SO THAT THEY WILL NEVER TURN AWAY FROM ME. I WILL REJOICE IN DOING THEM GOOD and will assuredly plant them in this land with ALL MY HEART AND SOUL" (Jeremiah 32:38-41)

AMAZING =]

And Finally...
If you couldn't already tell, I love praise songs and every once in a while I'll hear one that gets me.


(this is only the first few lines. But the song repeats it. It's beautiful)

You won't relent until You have it all
My heart is Yours [Misty Edwards]

Listen to it



1 comment:

  1. WOOO, that Jeremiah passage is powerful. Eurri, chin up! If you were to post all of your sins in full detail in this blog, 1. you'd find out who your true friends are, 2. a huge load would be lifted off your shoulders, no more secrets right? and 3. What are you doing confessing your sins to a blog! Hopefully you confessed in prayer and personally to those who love you first!

    ReplyDelete